Frequently asked questions
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. -- George Bernard Shaw.
Why should my institution join the OER Foundation?
By joining the OER Foundation, we will:
- Provide access to international thought leadership and networking for new models of financial sustainability and growth of your institution.
- Help you to reduce the cost (and time) associated with the design and development of teaching materials. As a non-profit, the OER Foundation invests surplus funds in course development and members have voting rights to determine content development priorities.
- Provide free access to professional training for your staff in OER approaches using new technologies and pedagogies.
Where do I find more information about the OER Foundation?
- Information about Open Education Resources
- Information about the OER Foundation
- Information about membership
- Information about intellectual property polices and copyright questions
- Information about background & history of the OER Foundation & strategic relationships
How is the OERF financially sustainable?
Please see the Financial Sustainability page.