OERF:CollabOERate/Aims of CollabOERate
CollabOERate is a new global concept which aims to:
- Assist individual OER initiatives and projects to better achieve their local aims through smart win-win collaborations on a global scale
- Offer help and support to institutions as they migrate to OER.
- Promote the co-design and implementation of demonstrator projects which transcend individual OER project "silos" thus representing the open content equivalent of industry's "co-opetition" model, that is, where individual OER projects choose to collaborate in areas of their operation to enhance the attainment of local project objectives.
- Identify the world's best national and regional OER project concepts which can be revised and remixed for scaling up internationally.
- Reduce unnecessary duplication of effort and enhance return on scarce OER financial resources.
- Share the risks associated with innovation in OER while enhancing the skills and experience of local OER practitioners.