Nirmala Higher Secondary School Aluva/Featured project
A vibrant young high school student Wiki Ambassador Darsana Joseph is eager to be a Social Entrepreneur. Wiki Ambassador Darsana Joseph has a mission. She has decided to start a wiki project in an effort to reduce the carbon footprint. She is leading her school on a wiki project. The project envision a gradated plan.
- Issue a "Domestic Food waste to Bio-gas Converter Unit" to volunteers
- Train, monitor and support them in collecting food waste from neighbours
- Ensure the involvement of Residential Associations and civic authorities
- Sell the organic manure to the neighbours and to the public
- Support neighbours, civic authorities in developing parks, cultivating garden, planting trees etc
- The volunteers are getting trained on online facilitation. The project will be promoted online using Blogs, Vlogs, Wikis and the like.
It all takes place using Wikis. Hence Darsana is now enrolling school mates, members of eBalajanasakhyam and teachers of eSchool Keralainto online English language training at George Machlan. These people will ensure global audience to the project using their blogs, wikis, broadcast channels.
Wiki Neighbour Sebastian Panakal is working with Darsana. In order to learn 21st century skills and to master the art of Facilitation, he is undergoing a Wiki training lead by Sarah Stewart at Facilitating Online 2010.