New Wiki Page
Introduction to Advanced Concepts in Nursing II
At the end of this course students will be able to:
1. Apply nursing process by developing CCM in provision of care to clients and their families
2. Integrate theoretical knowledge in clinical care settings
3. Provide health education to client/ family at their level of understanding to promote health, prevent disease and manage care at home
4. Maintain effective communication skills with clients, their families and other health care providers
5. Adhere to legal and ethical principles when caring for clients/patients and their families.
The teaching and learning principles that underpin the design of this course include:
• You will receive all the support that you need as much as possible. To this end, the design of this course incorporates development of a supportive and productive working environment.
• Focus on situated learning. The activities and assessment support the concept of situated learning which pre-supposes that if knowledge is learned in a meaningful and relevant context, it will be used in that, or in similar contexts.
• Authentic activity and assessment requires participants to develop a proposal/e-portfolio to be used in, or applied to their own work situation. Your course facilitator will provide feedback that is meaningful and timely on the activities and assessment items.
• Interactive learning means regularly interacting with content, with peers and with your course facilitators. ( Don’t be noticed by your absence)
• Use of reflective practice. Participants are required to reflect on their current practice and relate it to the learning acquired through this course.
Blended learning approach. Through BL approach, you will participate in:
• Reflective Practice
• Learner Centered Learning
• Collaborative & constructivist learning.
Enjoy your Learning