My Latest Publications
Chapters and book:
• Smirnova, L., (2009) Cross-cultural Issues of Education in the Age of Fast Evolving and Changing Technology. “Current Issues of Linguo-didactics and Linguistics: Core Meaning, Trends, and Perspectives.” Vol. I. Current Issues of Linguo-didactics. (pp228-232). Volgograd: Paradigma, Russia. 20-21 October, 2009. • Edelstein, Michael R., Ph.D, Maria Tysiachniouk, Ph.D., and Lyudmila V. Smirnova, Ph.D. Eds.( 2007). “Cultures of Contamination: Legacies of Pollution in Russia and the U.S.” Vol. 14 of Research in Social Problems and Public Policy, Elsevier, • Smirnova, Ludmila, “The Impacts of Contaminated Disasters on the Education Decisions in Russia,” a chapter in “Cultures of Contamination: Legacies of Pollution in Russia and the U.S.” Vol. 14 of Research in Social Problems and Public Policy, Elsevier, 2007.
Proceedings: • Smirnova L. (2009) Opening Educational and Personal Horizons with the New Emergent Technologies. (2009) In Proceedings of the Third Annual International Sunflower Conference 2009.Celadna, Czech Republic November 10-13, 2009. (pp. 125 – 128).
• Smirnova L., (2009) Social Networking As a Tool for Personal and Professional Realization: Ning, WikiEducator, WiZiQ and Moodle. (2009) In Proceedings of the Third Annual International Conferences ICT Bridges, Sunflower and Silesian Moodle Moot 2009.Celadna, Czech Republic November 10-13, 2009 (pp. 275-281). • Smirnova L., (2009)Creating Engaged F2F and Virtual Learning and Teaching with Moodle. In Proceedings of the Third Annual International Conferences ICT Bridges, Sunflower and Silesian Moodle Moot 2009.Celadna, Czech Republic November 10-13, 2009. (p. 307)
• Smirnova L., Edelstein, M.R. (2009) Social Learning and the Shift to a Sustainable World Paradigm: The Impacts of Educational Recidivism and Web 2.0. In Proceedings of the International Conference “Ecological Problems of the Global World.” (pp 42-44). Moscow, Russia, October 26-27, 2009. Herald of the International Academy of Sciences (Russian Section) Special Issues, Periodical Peer-Reviewed Scientific Informational Journal, 2009.
• Smirnova, L. (2009). Evaluating and Changing Learning Management Systems for Varied Application: Across the Graduate and Undergraduate and On-Line and Blended Curriculum. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2009 (pp. 2055-2069). Chesapeake, VA: AACE Accessed August 20th, 2009 at: Conference on Educational Media...
- Smirnova, L. (2009) Teaching 2.0: Unlocking Students’ Learning with Web 2.0 Technologies. In Proceedings of International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies. Barcelona (Spain), 2009 International Association of Technology, Education and Development (IATED) EDULEARN09
Title: ICERI2009 Proceedings CD ISBN: 978-84-613-2955-7 (pp. 000449-000453)
- Smirnova, Ludmilla (2008) Technology Enhanced Teaching and Learning For Student (and Teacher) Success. In Proceedings of Federal Resource Network( FRN) National Symposium “Defining and Promoting Student Success” Nov. 21-22, 2008 University of San Francisco. Accessed August 20th, 2009 at: http://www.nyu.edu/frn/publications/defining.success/Smirnova.html