|Skill Development 1 (#Temporarytag)|
|Order_of_Operations - Graphic|
|Order_of_Operations||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Prerequisites: Learners need to understand exponents.
Order of Operations: the order in which we perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
1. Read the information and examples for Order of operations.
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
Place the answers to these questions in your journal.
1. Give a real life example of when order is important? Why is it important?
2. Why is order important in mathematics? Give an example to support your answer.
3. Explain the Order of Operations as if you were the instructor.
4. Write a mathematical expression with parentheses, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and an exponent that has an answer of 20.
Complete this problem set in Khan Academy: Order of Operations