|Skill Development 4 (#Temporarytag)|
|Combining_Like_Terms_With_Distribution - Graphic|
|Combining_Like_Terms_With_Distribution||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Learners should be able to work with multiplication with numbers and variables.
Exponent: Exponents tell us how many times a number or variable is multiplied by itself.
1. Read the information and examples of [Combining Like Terms With Distribution].
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
1. Why does one use exponents?
2. Are 41 and 4 the same thing?
3. What does an exponent of 0 mean?
4. If you didn’t have a word processor with a superscript format of text, how would you show an exponent using your computer?
Complete the Khan Academy practice set: Combining Like Terms Through Distribution