|Skill Development 3 (#Temporarytag)|
|Combining_Like_Terms - Graphic|
|Combining_Like_Terms||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Prerequisites: Learners should know how to combine signed numbers.
- Read the information and examples for combining like terms.
- Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
- Simplify: 2ab + 7ba (Apply the Commutative Property for Multiplication to get like terms)
- Give an example of a term that could be added to 4ab.
- 3x2 -4xy +8y2 + (? ? ?) = x2 -7xy +12y2
4. 3a – 2ab + 4ac – 14b + ( ? ? ? ? ?) = -6ab - 8ac + 20b + 5c
5. Give a real-life example as a model for combining like terms.
Complete in Khan Academy:Combining Like Terms.