Marketing techniques in a tourism organisation/Activities/Your Business
The building of a business
To set up the framework for your Bed & Breakfast business
The first thing you need to do is to decide on a name and structure. Remember your B&B business is where you (and maybe family) will live so you need to think about the comfort of you and your guests.
Start to compile information on your B&B to go towards your assignments. Decide on the following and write the answers down
- how many guest rooms do you have
- will you supply any meals apart from breakfast
- what time will breakfast run from eg. 6-9am
- what will you offer guest for breakfast
- will you have any special features in the rooms eg. spa baths, ensuites
- where are you located - space for parking requirements
- how many staff do you have and what are their roles
- Are you going to have a logo - what might it look like
Dickman, Sharron, Maddock, Mary (2000)The Business of Bed and Breakfast. Hospitality Press Pty Ltd, Australia.