Maintain a chainsaw/Resources
Educational resources for the Maintain Chainsaw unit. Please assist by adding resources you find, and/or tagging to del.icio.us
Demonstrate knowledge of the chainsaw cutting unit
- Slide presentation identifying the parts of a chainsaw - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Chainsaw safety features - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gus tells us how important cutters are - Especially in terms of their position on the chain and particularily where the chainsaw chain chains together. - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Gerry explaining sprocket types - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- video of Jerry showing parts of a chainsaw - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry showing different bars - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- video of Jerry explaining the chain - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- video of Jerry explaining cutter profiles - Otago Polytechnic 2007
Sharpen a chainsaw chain
- How to tension the saw chain correctly - Stihl Australia website
- Watch or read the transcription for the Videos that demonstrate the sharpening of a chainsaw. Help transcribe the audio into text according to the time code if it appears unfinished or incorrect.
- Gus shows us how to use a depth gauge - Otago Polytechnic short course on chainsaw safety.
- Gus demonstrates the correct file angle to be used when sharpening a chainsaw chain….chain chain chain,chain of fools Otago Polytechnic short course 2006
- Gus shows how you can avoid cutting yourself when tensioning the chain - Otago Polytechnic short course 2006
- Jerry showing the tools needed for sharpening - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry showing depth guage - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry showing how to tension a chainsaw - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry sharpening a chainsaw - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry dressing a bar - Otago Polytechnic 2007
Maintain a chainsaw power unit
- Chainsaw maintenance - This is a site that has some good info on chainsaw maintenance-no moving pictures,just good ol written information.
- Chainsaw use and maintenance - More written info.
- More chainsaw maintenance - And more written info.
- Video of Jerry explaining periodic maintenance - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video of Jerry explaining daily maintenance - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Introduction to chainsaw parts » SlideShare.If you want some information on the parts of a chainsaw view this great slide show by Brett Ransom, Otago Polytechnic.
- Bird making chainsaw sound - This a cool youtube video explaining the incredible Lyre bird from Australia. Not sure how we can make it a learning activity but it is just cool!
- How to fix a fuel line in a chainsaw in 6 minutes - Bonus information.
- Gus explains why the anti vibration devices are important - Otago Polytechnic short course 2006.
- YouTube - How Chainsaws Work - If you're a homeowner looking to clean up a few trees in the yard or cut some firewood, a firefighter trying to create a firebreak or simply a curious person who wants get up close and personal with gasoline power, a chain saw can be a very handy machine. [?]
- Video of Jerry showing safety gear - Otago Polytechnic 2007
- Video - Chainsaw sprocket types
- Video - Chainsaw safety gear
- Video - Periodic maintenance of a chainsaw
- Video - Parts of a chainsaw
- Video - Chainsaw tools
- Video - Chainsaw depth guage
- Video - daily maintenance
- Video - Chainsaw bar
- Video - tension a chainsaw chain
- Video - Sharpen a chainsaw
- Video - The chain
- Video - Bar Dressing
- Video - Cutter Profiles
General resource RSS feed
If you find any reusable and open educational resources that you think would be useful for this unit, please tag them to del.icio.us with the tagword chainsaw-tekotago. The latest 10 resources saved to that tag are displayed through RSS as follows:
Failed to load RSS feed from http://del.icio.us/rss/tag/chainsaws-tekotago|max=10: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed