Identify parts of a chainsaw
In this activity you will get to know the parts of a chainsaw and how to correctly identify them. It is important to know what the parts of a chainsaw so as to be able to Maintain a chainsaw power unit. You may need to help others perform maintenance on a chainsaw, or simply order new parts. Knowing what these parts are called assists in communication about the chainsaw.
- Watch this slide show that points out the basic parts of a chainsaw.
- Watch this video of Jerry from Otago Polytechnic pointing out the basic parts of a chainsaw.
- Download this line drawing of a chainsaw and label the parts for yourself
- Create your own version of yourself identifying parts of a chainsaw. It can be a video, a document written in your own words, photos of yourself pointing to parts with labels showing what you are pointing to, photos of yourself pointing to the parts with an audio recording of yourself explaining each image.
- http://wikieducator.org/Maintain_a_chainsaw/Resources - A range of resources
- http://www.slideshare.net/hortykim/introduction-to-chainsaw-parts/ - Slides: basic parts of a chainsaw
- http://blip.tv/file/301426 - Video: Jerry from Otago Polytechnic pointing out the basic parts of a chainsaw