In contemporary society there is seemingly a fusion of gender and sex roles, hence,
this unit discusses about Gender and Sex Roles.It also elaborates on cultural stereotypes and their impact on roles on gender roles.
Upon completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the difference between gender and sex.
- Develop sensitivity to emotions and feelings of the opposite sex.
- Identify behaviours that demonstrate gender equity
- Practice behaviour that demonstrates gender equity
- Recognize similarities and differences between men and women.
- Recognise changing gender roles in relation to needs and demands of society.
- Examine cultural stereotypes and their impact on roles on gender roles.
- Gender- is socially constructed roles and responsibilities men and women will have.
- Sex- Sex refers to our physical sexual charactreistic, which is normally unchangeable.
- Is there a difference between sex and gender? If so, how can you tell?
- How many types of genders/sexes exist?
- When did you discover that you were different from the opposite sex?
- What am I looking for in a relationship?
- Am I ready for a serious relationship?
- Have you ever broken up with someone? How did that process go?
Answering all of these questions may seem a little difficult or tedious, but trust me, it is necessary to ensure that you remain focused on the key areas that would be dicussed in this Unit. Moreover, they would assist you in identifing the areas where you may require the most information.