This sub-unit addresses ways to .....
stress is a part of everyday life, however, not many people are capable of appropriately coping with it. It is important that learners learn how to manage their stress levels and to maintain their mental and physical helath in ways that area safe and appropriate
After completing this section, you should be able to:
- Identify different categories and types of stress (e.g.- eu-stress; distress and general environmental stress);
- Identify how the body reacts to stress;
- Identify the potential stressors which impact on mental and emotional stability and well-being; and how not dealing with stress can be harmful;
- Identify and practise problem-solving strategies for determining the root causes of stress;
- Identify and practise coping skills to alleviate negative stress;
- Identify potential adverse and high-risk situations which could lead to stress
- Assess one’s state of mental and emotional health
- Identify appropriate sources of information, products, services and costs related to mental and emotional health and stress management.
This subunit consists of the following broad areas: