This section of the module differentiates between software and hardware. It explains software and hardware types and the uses to which they may be put.
|At the end of this section the learner should be able to:
- Differentiate between software and hardware
- Differentiate between systems software and applications
- Identify the different types of hardware
- identify which hardware correspnds to which ports
- Set up a computer
|The computer is made up of hardware and software components that operate in a mutually influencing manner to deliver services to the user. The operating system of the computer coordinates and manages user requests emanating from software/applications and/ or input devices. The input devices are connected to the computer via the ports located usually at the back of the desktop computer or laptop
- What is software?
- What is hardware?
- What is a keyboard?
- List the different types computer ports?
- To which port is the keyboard connected?
- To which port is the monitor connected?
- Which port connects to the printer?
|Put your further reading here
Oseitutu 15:32, 26 February 2007 (CET)