| Read Baumgartner, 2001, Four adult development theories and their implications for practice, available online at: National Centre for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy
- Examine each of the four adult development theories outlined in Baumgartner
- Which one best matches your own philosophy of teaching?
- What are the implications of your alignment with this approach to your teaching and assessment practice?
- Discuss with colleagues in Moodle
You may also wish to read the following essential reading:
- Brookfield, S.D., 1991, Understanding and facilitating adult learning, John Wiley & Sons
- Lieb, S., 1991, 'Principles of adult learning', VISION, Fall, 1991, available online at: Merlot Pedagogy