Learning4Peace/Solomon Islands/Content/Shortage of sea resources and need for marine conservation
Shortage of Sea Resources
The following content was developed by the youth members at the Sigana workshop:
- Pre-recorded interviews with two community representatives (click to hear)
- Community opinions (range of short interviews with people around the village)
This sets the programme in a community context. The main section of the storyboard, which is in the form of a documentary style narrative, requires input from the expanded community, which will be developed at the CYP workshop on 17th. There are two related programmes that link to this very well:
- The UNDP Conservation programme for Isabel Province, housed in Buala. (This links also to Storyboard 2). The FM operators and youth members in Buala will be interviewing the Coordinator of the UNDP project about “shortage of sea resources” and this will fit nicely into the programme. As the UNDP programme aims to work with communities to identify traditional and appropriate methods of conservation, this creates a useful synergy, and is an example of linkages that help to carry forward and sustain continuing content development directly linked to genuine community demand and Isabel's official development programmes.
- SIDT's Communities and Coastline programme.
The following will be developed:
- The documentary / narrative section about sea resources and conservation. This will include interviews and consultations with the UNDP Conservation project which is housed in Buala, interviews with Honiara-based marine officers and fishermen that will be recorded by Andre Tipoke (MWYCA), and related information on SIDT's programme “Community and Coastline” to be prepared at the upcoming workshop at CYP on 17th June;
- Wikieducator page to be started and completed by Guguha DLC, with David supporting. Andy Tabaa, SIDT graphic artist, can provide illustration;
The work in progress will be uploaded here in a few days.
| Sigana Group 1
Conservation and concerns about shortage of natural sea resources
|Sound effects of sea etc|
|Music||Presenter introduces||Pre-recorded interviews about sea resources||Narrative about why sea resources should be conserved||Community opinions||Summary by presenter||Music – theme song|
|Theme song recorded by Sigana|| Presenter interviews 2 community reps with good story telling skills and knowledge of the issues
|| The narrative will refer to the previous interviews and also the UNDP conservation project might provide some input and ideas into this component. Networking with Moses via email will help.
||With some good lessons learned to educate the community|