Greetings -- Never be shy to ask a question -- Different browsers use different approaches. Here are a few online instructions on how to book mark a page (you should first go to the page you want to book mark) -- Check which browser software you are using and choose the right instructions below.
What are discussion pages for?
Discussion pages are often used to allow people to discuss changes before making amendments to the actual page especially if the changes are very public.
Questions for your individual Facilitators
This is when I'd prefer to be communicating with a real live human in the same room! I often find it easier to learn if someone shows me how to do something. I'm feeling pretty dumb :-) but when I'm in Firefox I don't have a toolbar that has 'bookmark' or other useful things tabs. In spite of my efforts I haven't managed to find it - please help! Thanks Jane
- Hi Jane, what version of Firefox are you using? The provided instructions may not be 100% useful if you have a different version. Try searching in YouTube for 'how to bookmark a page in Firefox' I have found this strategy useful in number of occasions like this one. Hope this is helpful. Playnice nz 06:40, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
I have pushed the email confirmation button and get a message that an email has been sent but nothing arrives. What am I doing wrong? Also, when working through the tutorials and following links, how do I get back to the instruction page without numerous back buttons? Thanks, Sally --Sally Pairman 04:16, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Sally, I've just tested the email confirmation button on my account -- It appears that everything is working as it should. When logged in, go to "My preferences" at the top of your browser page. Retype your email address (make sure it is correct ;-)) and save the changes. You can then click on the "Confirm my email" link and the server will send a confirmation email. Make sure that you use the most recent confirmation email sent to your account to confirm the link. To avoid excessive back paging, I recommend that you book mark the course home page in your browser. When you navigate to the respective tutorial links, hover your mouse cursor over the link and click on your right mouse button to open the link in a new window or tab. This way you will have two windows / tabs open and you can toggle between the instructions and the course tutorials avoiding the back button. --Wayne Mackintosh 06:18, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Hi! I'm having trouble uploading my photo from my computer onto my profile page. I filled in the boxes on author, etc., but am still getting a warning at the bottom of the page that won't let me complete the upload. Help!--Lorette Pellettiere Calix 19:17, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Lorette. Not sure what the issue is but here are a few of things to check first:
- file size - is the file bigger thant the maximum file size of 2 MB,
- file type- is the file one of the acceptable types for Wikieducator (png, gif, jpg, jpeg, svg, elp, swf, flv, pdf, odt, odp, ods, mp3, mm, ogg, ogv, oga).
- file name - make sure there are no special charecters in your file name.
If this is not helpful may be best to take a print screen and e-mail to me or Wayne.
--Vasi Doncheva 20:02, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
Hi! I am often losing my place, then logging off and logging back in again to find instructions- it works but is not the most efficient way-
- Hi Don, you are not the only one that gets lost every now and then. Wayne has maid a good suggestion how to keep track of where you are. Here are his instructions: "I recommend that you book mark the course home page in your browser. When you navigate to the respective tutorial links, hover your mouse cursor over the link and click on your right mouse button to open the link in a new window or tab. This way you will have two windows / tabs open and you can toggle between the instructions and the course tutorials avoiding the back button." Hope this helps --Vasi Doncheva 19:55, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Thank you Vasi. Regarding user pages sandbox not finding info re lists, headings, bullets any suggestions?--Don Beadle 18:50, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Don, you will find instruction how to use lists, headings, bullets and other wiki editing skills in these tutorials:
Bookmark the pages so you can find them easily. Vasi Doncheva 20:06, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
Wiki Educator Recorded Training Sessions for Previous Workshops
If anyone of the new participants feel that they need some more to get in pace ,you can check out the past sessions on wiziq platform.These sessions are not conducted during this workshop due to two reasons :
As an international the workshop, it is not easy to schedule a time for most participants to attend.
WizIQ is not open source software and the OER Foundation has a committment to only using open source software
However if you personally need to have a deep dive to get things on your mind ,you could probably check those recorded sessions in by clicking here.There are a number of recordings available .You can scroll down and select the one you want to watch out ! Balqis Thaahaveettil21:50, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for sharing the information, It is this spirit of sharing which I like best about wikieducator. --Ravi limaye 22:40, 20 February 2012 (UTC)