Workshop M6: OER Collaborative Content Development Training Using Wiki Platforms - Online Workshop
Open Education Resources (OER) is becoming much more pervasive in tertiary education. Developing content which can be shared within one institution, or across continents represents a powerful paradigm shift in the distribution methods of learning content and courseware from traditional publishing models to those which are open and collaborative in nature. Major initiatives from leading institutions to provide open courseware further support the growth of this segment of online learning.
WE extend an open invitation to all educators around the world to join us on WikiEducator to receive a free basic Wiki editing skills online training in exchange for one Open Education Resource (free lesson plan, student guide, teacher handout or other lesson) developed on the Wiki.
About the Free Wiki Skills Online Workshop
- Instructions for the workshop will be posted closer to the start of the workshop.
- We will use a dedicated Google Group for this Learning4Content workshop, and you will receive your registration details shortly before the start of the workshop.
- In the mean time, you can read the information on the duration and instructions for getting started in preparation for the workshop.
- You must have a valid WikiEducator user account before providing your details for our wiki list. Please follow Tutorial 2: "Creating an Account".
- After creating your WikiEducator account you are ready to register here.