eL4C36 - Workshop Schedule
[eL4C36] Day 3
On day 3, you will be making the first edit on your user page!
Today you will learn about the two modes on the wiki: the published mode and the editing mode.
Please review instructions from the previous days -- just go directly to the correspondent eL4C36 Workshop Day... you always have an opportunity to catch up if you’re behind. We know that it takes time to learn the new wiki skills and feel comfortable navigating on Wikieducator. We are constantly keeping an eye on the Wiki Questions and Support page, so feel free to add your questions there.
- Work through Tutorial 3 – Editing Basics
- Download a copy of Wikipedia's cheatsheet. Print a copy and keep it close at hand when you're practising your editing skills. This Cheatsheet summarises the basic wiki text we use to format texts.
- Now that you have a better idea about wiki editing, please start adding content to your User Page (practice the codes you have learned from the Cheatsheet). You may also go through and add to the Wiki Discussion pages.
- Add your thoughts about Open Educational Resources at the Wiki Discussions on OERs.
- WikiEducator is about collaborative learning. We encourage you to add comments to the other participants' introductions, user pages, and discussion threads the wiki way.
If you haven't done so, please download, fill in and sign the learning contract, email to eL4C36. WE is a community project and the L4C initiative will provide you with free training, in return we ask that you donate a little of your knowledge by developing one teaching resource for yourself and others to share.
Please sign and email your learning contract. You can download a copy of the Learning Contract. Please click here for instructions.
If you haven't had a chance to complete the Online survey -- please take a few minutes to do so. This is important information for us to decide on priorities as the WikiEducator community grows.
If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask - We are available on email, instant messaging and skype most of the time!
Have a nice day!