eL4C26 Online Learning4Content Workshop - Course layout
Please introduce yourself and respond to each others' introductions as a Wikibuddy.
- Please add your Username and/or your wiki-signature.
- For instructions on how to add or personalize your wiki-signature see help page Signature.
Thank you =)
FacilitatorsWebQuests via Moodle for the past 5 years. My first website, Nellie's English Projects was an experiment that evolved from a WebQuest and started me off as a webmistress in the days of html before web 2.0 tools. I facilitate online (Blended and full) and face-to-face workshops on how to use Wikieducator as a collaborative tool to improve instruction and learning and conduct online workshops and conferences. I also moderate live online workshops for Electronic Village Online which is a project of TESOL's CALL Interest Section, storytelling and cultures, and integration of technology and web 2.0 tools into the classroom on WiZiQ.
I am passionate about learning and am currently completing my doctoral studies in educational leadership specializing in curriculum,and instruction online at the University of Phoenix and writing my dissertation. I am researching blended learning and instructor use of technology in higher education. In my spare time, I mentor educators on how to integrate web 2.0 tools for instruction and learning. I would like to see e-learning available and free worldwide.
I am interested in collaborative and engaged learning, social networking, philosophy, mindfulness meditation practice, the Alexander Technique, art, writing and poetry. I am looking forward to collaborating with other educators on the best ways to integrate technological tools in order to facilitate and improve instruction and learning.
Please feel free to contact me by email
My name is Dr. Gita Mathur. I am Associate Professor of Botany at Gargi College, University of Delhi, India.I have been a Botany teacher for more than 25 years.
I am a trained Botanist, but over time my interests have diversified to issues related to environment, science education and innovations in teaching methodologies.
I strongly believe in free access to educational content and in collaborative learning not only among peers but also between a student and a teacher.
Besides my academic responsibilities, I spend a lot of time working on innovations in teaching Botany including designing experiments which can be done with minimum facilities. I am very fond of photography, especially close-ups of plants and flowers.
Please feel free to Email me
We'd love to know more about you. Please add your name and a short bio. You can also add a photo later on once you learn how. Nellie & Gita
My Name is Ronald Ddungu,a teacher of Maths and Physics.I have been teaching for the last 13 years and currently i am an acting Deputy Headteacher at Gayaza High School in Uganda.My passion is in helping the less previledged and this is an opportunity for me to create content that can be used widely and freely.It is nice getting to know all of you and i am looking forward to reading all your great profiles.--Ronaldddungu 03:10, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
My name is Dr. Manju A. Lal. I am Associate Professor of Botany at Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, India. I have been teaching this subject for the past 32 years. My area of interest and specialization has been plant physiology. I am very much interested in science education and also developing simpler experiments which the undergraduate students can take as the science project.
The concept of open education fascinates me. The sharing of knowledge with other like minded people at the open pedestal is quite interesting.
- I am looking forward to learning more about your areas of expertise on Wikieducator and viewing some of your oil paintings and photos. --Nellie Deutsch 06:38, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
My name is Shalinee Bhardwaj. Having worked as a lecturer in the Department of Education, Gargi College, University of Delhi, currently I am a freelance writer based in Doha, Qatar. During my progression from a botany student to a teacher in science education and then a writer, I had the opportunity to meet people with diverse backgrounds, thinking and opinions. Every one has immense experience behind them but not everyone gets the stage. I see wikieduactor as a platform for bringing out this 'hidden resource'.
I wish to develop a 'common learning hub' that will collaborate parents, teachers and the students, focusing on the enhancement of learning skills, pedagogical aspects and role of each through case study method or topic wise discussions. A lot of thought still needs to go in it for its workability and efficacy.
I am still a botanist at heart and love to watch nature in all its forms-green, desert, rocks, water...Looking forward to joining the partnership:-)
- I enjoyed reading your bio. I would love to collaborate with you on the "common learning hub" project.--Nellie Deutsch 20:05, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello! I'm Yamini Panchaksharam from India. I'm working as a Project Officer in the Freshwater & Wetlands Programme at the World Wide Fund for Nature-India (WWF-India). Having been introduced to WikiEducator fairly recently, I plan to work on a learning content focused on freshwater conservation issues in India.
My very best wishes to the workshop facilitators and fellow participants!
- Your area of expertise is very important in many parts of the word. I would love to read more on the issues and some of the solutions being implemented in India and around the world. --Nellie Deutsch 20:06, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
It is a great privilege joining this partnership)
- Ayo, I have very found memories working as a librarian as a student. I would be interested in learning more about your work. Thank you for sharing. --Nellie Deutsch 20:05, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- It is interesting to read your remniscences on working as a librarian as a student. You further indicated your interest in learning more about my work as a Librarian. My response is that with all pleasure, I will be willing to share some thoughts with you. First of all, it is important for me to let you know that I am a subject specialist librarian by virtue of my previous science teaching background due to my first degree in a paramedical science, precisely Biochemistry coupled with my professional training in librarianship, I have been working in medical libraries since 1993 to date. Second, my librarianship practice has been within the Higher Education/Tertiary Hospital settings for the past 16 years. Therefore, I carry out core professional tasks of collection development and their technical processing (cataloguing and classification, abstracting and indexing, etc). In addition, I perform some other academic functions including reference and research enquiries answering, as well as editorial and publishing tasks. Other administrative duties incidental to my position are also performed. Aside from the highlighted roles, if you have any particular area of interest in the library work which I have not mentioned, kindly feel free to raise such with me. For your information, I have a few publications in learned medical and librarianship journals apart from authorship of books, review in books and chapters in others. Thank you.
Hello everybody. My name is Shashi Chawla. I am an associate professor in Microbiology Department at Gargi College. My area of interest is Immunology. I have contributed a few chapters in books, conference proceedings etc. I want to contribute to the issues of environmental changes but I do not know how.
It feels great to be a part of this online workshop. Email:email@example.com
- Welcome to Wikieducator. I am looking forward to learning more about environmental changes from you. Adding to Wikieducator is liking adding to a chapter in a book. I hope you will start adding input once you become more familiar with the wiki codes used on Wikieducator. --Nellie Deutsch 20:09, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello everybody! I am Dr Vaijayanthi working as associate professor in the Department of Chemistry of Gargi College. My specialisation is physical chemistry. Since I came to know about wikieducator through Dr Gita Mathur of our college I have really been excited. I would like to utilise this facility for preparing study material for my students. I have already participated in a face to face workshop in Jan 09. Just trying to polish my skills.
- *Welcome to the online L4C workshop. I am looking forward to facilitating the process as you prepare the study material for your students. --Nellie Deutsch 20:11, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello dear friends, I'm Alejandra Guajardo from Lima, Perú, South America. I'm studying a linguistics master degree and working as a coordinator of a post graduated linguistics course focused on minority and endagered languages at Ricardo Palma University in Lima city.
This year we're are starting a on-line academic program on introductory linguisitcs courses for our university students, using moodle.
I'm interested in languages, intercultural experiences, education of adults and web 2.0. I spend many time on the internet searching information about moodle, blogs, podcasts and any tool that allow me teaching better and sharing ideas and experiences.
I created a blog in edublogs called "Aula de Linguistica" and a page in Facebook for this blog. I hope it could motivate my students with their learning in a virtual room.
Thank you for this increadible opportunity to learn about wikis. I'm really newbie at this but I'll do my best!
Greetings from Lima, Alejandra Guajardo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hello Alejandra, We look forward to active interactions with you on this community. Please click on your name above this, it will take you to your Userpage, I have added the link for you. --Gita Mathur 05:03, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you Gita. I've already written something and I was able to upload my picture. I'm so happy!! Alejandra Guajardo
- Greetings Alejandra, It's a pleasure to get to know you and watch your userpage develop. Thank you for your hard work. --Nellie Deutsch 12:15, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello!! I'm Katy from Jujuy, Argentina. I teach EFL in a Public Secondary School and also in a private one. I'm glad I have this opportunity to learn how to use this tool so I can learn to use this tool with my students so I can improve my way of teaching and make them more interesting in learning as I worked with teenagers. It is hard for me as I don't have a good conection to the internet all the time and beside as I work all day long it's difficult to make time to do this learning but I'm really interested so I'll try hard and do my homework :) Hope I can collaborate and share ideas with all of you. Thanks for the chance and I really wish us all a wonderful workshop. I'm new to all of this so please be patient. Thanks a lot. email@example.com--Katydel 01:26, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Hello Katy, We look forward to active interactions with you on this community. Please click on your name above this, it will take you to your Userpage, I have added the link for you. --Gita Mathur 05:04, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
- Greetings Kathy, It's a pleasure to get to know you and watch your userpage develop. Thank you for your hard work. --Nellie Deutsch 12:15, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi all my friends and colleagues on WE I am Hanaa Khamis from Egypt. I teach university students English as a foreign language. I also train teachers on methodology and instructional technology. My major is Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). I wrote an MA thesis on communication strategy use in online interactions. I am fascinated by web 2.0 tools and their impact on learning and teaching.
I am still struggling with WE codes and syntax, but I believe I'll get there one day:-) Looking forward to hearing from my wiki neighbors in cyberspace!
- Greetings Hanaa, It's a pleasure to get to know you and watch your userpage develop. Thank you for your hard work. --Nellie Deutsch 12:15, 9 May 2009 (UTC)