- an internal link between two pages which already exist in wikieducator
- an internal link from an existing page to a page you have just created
- an external link from an existing page to an external website
- a piped link which displays a clearer description of a link to the user
- To create a page, first think about from where you might want your page to be linked.
- You can create a page by making a link to it.
- You can also create a page by typing the name of the page after the wikieducator url like this http://www.wikieducator.org/Newpage. However, because you made this page.without first making a link to it, it might get lost in the sea of wikieducator pages.
- If you don’t link your new page from existing pages, then no one will be able to find it.
- If unsure, a good place to start creating pages is from your User page or sandbox.
- Once you have created a page it is saved under that name in wikieducator. If you then populate it with content, but then decide to change the name of the page, you would have in fact created a new page. Your original page (which still exists) will be hard to find. To change the name of an existing page, create a new page with that new name first. Go to the existing page whose name you wish to change, hit the Edit tab, and copy all the content in that page. Exit that page. Now click on the newly created page link, click the Edit tab, and paste all the content you copied to this new space. Save the page and then check it to ensure that the content is where you want it to be. You can now go in and delete the old page.