Learning4Content/Workshops/Face-to-Face schedule/L4C29/Workshop Reports
- 1 Workshop Dates and Facilitator contacts
- 2 Introduction and Background
- 3 Workshop Proceedings
- 4 Lessons Learnt
- 5 Recommendations
- 6 Workshop handouts
Workshop Dates and Facilitator contacts
The workshop ran for 3 days from 28th- 30th December
Introduction and Background
This was the 2nd face-to-face L4C workshop in our country Uganda sponsored by Commonwaelth of Learning(COL).
List of Participants
The total number of participants were 21,7 women and 14 men al from 6 secondary schools and one science literacy and technology campainer organisation.
|COUNTRY||FIRST NAME||LAST NAME||GENDER||ORGANIZATION||PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION||PHONE NUMBER||LEARNING CONTRACT?|
|Uganda||Vincent||Kizza||Male||Gayaza High School||Teacheremail@example.com||+256-0712312130||FACILITATOR|
|Uganda||Zachary||Olum||Male||Mwanga 1 s.s||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||Signed.|
|Uganda||Barrow||Sentamu||Male||Mwanga 1 S.S||Teacheremail@example.com||256-0712450122||Signed.|
|Uganda||Dan||Seruwu||Male||Cafe scientifique||ICT Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||256-0782344596||Signed.|
|Uganda||Sam||Ongom||Male||Cafe scientifique||ICT email@example.com||256-0752134879||Signed.|
|Uganda||Tony||Busingye||Female||Mwanga 1 S.S||Physics firstname.lastname@example.org||256-0782361888||Signed.|
|Uganda||Olivia||Angom||Female||Gayaza Road High Schoolemail@example.com||256-0412336710||Signed.|
|Uganda||Rita||Nsiima||Female||Gayaza Road High School||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||256-0754812267||Signed.|
|Uganda||Simon||Lwegaba||Male||Gayaza Road high school||Teacheremail@example.com||256-0782352768||Signed.|
|Uganda||Joseph||Kapkwom||Male||Mwanga 1 S.S||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||256-0712834521||Signed.|
|Uganda||Julius||Otellu||Male||Nile High School||Teacheremail@example.com||256-0782134561||Signed.|
|Uganda||Pius||Bwogi||Male||Mwanga 1 S.S||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||256-0782312130||Signed.|
|Uganda||Anita||Nakazinga||Female||Mackay High School||Teacheremail@example.com||256-0785422566||Signed.|
|Uganda||Edrine||Lwanga||Male||Mackay High School||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org||256-0782567318||Signed.|
|Uganda||Juliana||Nakasolya||Female||Gayaza Road High SCHOOL||Teacheremail@example.com||256-0785678129||Signed.|
Day 1: Objectives
The objectives of the day were to introduce participants to:-
- WikiEducator and COL
- Web 2.0 Technologies
- Learning contracts
- Setting up a WE account
- WikiMedia editing and formatting
Day 1: Proceedings
The day stated a bit late at 9:30am instead of the scheduled 8:00am because of the late reporting of many participants. However the day later picked pace and all planned activities were carried out as per the days time table.
Day 1: Achievements
The workshop was openeed by a Ministry of Education official who commended COL for the sponsorship. However during the time of the workshop,the was repeated Internet disconnection and this somehow affected the smooth flow. By the end of the day,participants were able to:-
- Acquaint themselves with WE and COL
- Open acounts on WE
- Sign learning contracts
- Do basic editing and formatting.
Days 2 and 3: Objectives
The objectives of days 2 and 3 were:-
- Take stock of acquired skills in Day 1
- Create and link pages.
- Insert images and other file types.
- Colaborative page editing and interactions
- Some content creation
- Pedagogical templates
- Wiki strucures and free content
Days 2 and 3: Proceedings
- Typically,each of the days started with a 30- min practical session to finish off assignments from previous day.
- Folowed by a recap of the previous day's work through an out door flash light session
Days 2 and 3: Achievements
- Time for teaching some basic literacy skills such as keyboarding should be factored in the planning.
- The facilitators need to define all terms and not to assume prior knowledge and also move slowly.
- The meals are really appreciated by participants
- Editing using open office should be encouraged since it is very handy and can save participants of some code.
- The open content debate could be introduced on day one instead of day 3.
- National workshops for wikieducators should be organised to continue exchange of ideas even when offline.
- Learning Contracts
- Pedagogical templates sheet