110. Homemade Media
People outside the major spheres of power have little access to the tools and technologies of self-expression. Although this can be harmful to those people, others are deprived of enriching stories and perspectives. Homemade Media helps build employment skills. It also helps build confidence and self-esteem. And, capturing an image or conversation encourages reflection and introspection. Anybody with a story to tell could benefit from Homemade Media.Edit
- ... comments etc. ...
Gutenberg letter press
- Gutenberg letter press (Publishing and Letterpress printing) - as Doug suggests under Media Literacy above.
- Perhaps something more colourful? - comment holds for this too.
- Not really "home made" - Kim Tucker 23:26, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Victor Grigas interviewing - Victor Grigas interviewing Dr. Sengai Podhuvan as part of the Wikimedia 2011 fundraising campaign.
- Bushmen Rock Painting - see Rock art for more.
- Shooting Shot of 'Veena Vaadanam'
- Tin can telephone
Crystal radio (etc):
- Spark gap transmitter diagram - (Spark-gap transmitter)
- homemade crystal radio
- Early crystal radio receiver built by a radio amateur in Belfast, Ireland
- "Cat's whisker" detector
- Crystal radio wiring pictorial
- Pocket radio
Bayeux Tapestry (embroidery):