|How to Participate (expand)|
Educational activities (card games) related to Liberating Voices cards.
Student project discussions
- Convenor describes the process and gets started (10 minutes)
- Students break up into small groups of (up to 8) students/group, each group with a pack of cards.
- Then in each group:
- each student is dealt a random collection of cards (use the whole pack) and given a few minutes to read them to get the gist (5 minutes)
- one student, the Presenter, describes her project and highlights current challenges (10 minutes)
- during the presentation (active listening), the Listeners each quietly identify relevant cards received and select one which seems most pertinent
- when the Presenter is finished, each Listener places one card in the middle (on the floor/table) for all in the group to see with one sentence: "This card is relevant because ..." (5 minutes)
- When all the Listeners' selected top cards are down, discuss: (15 minutes)
- Is there a pattern emerging?
- Do the cards point to a root cause of any issues?
- Do they suggest a change in approach?
- Do they raise any other questions?
- Collectively identify the one card which most relates to the project.
- Time out - open discussion, tea, etc. (15 minutes)
- Repeat the above with the next student (the new Presenter) - in the next hour - not necessarily on the same day.
Next suggested learning activity
... please add ...