LESSON 1: THE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
THE STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
What is the ministry of health? It is one of the ministries of the central government which is responsible for the health policy formulation for the county.
In today’s lesion we shall learn about the organizational structure. Mention the various sections of the ministry and explain the functions of the ministry.
VISION OF THE M.O.H
Improved health status and reduced inequalities in health outcomes of all people living in Ghana.
Is to work in collaboration with all partners to ensure that every individual household and community in Ghana is adequately informed about health and has access to high quality health and health services
Working together for equality and good health for all people living in Ghana.
OBJECTIVE OF HEALTH SECTOR
- to promote good health – very easily among all people in Ghana service
THE STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES ARE:
- Increased geographical and financial access
- Better quality of care in all health facilities
- Improved efficiency in the health sectors.
- Closer collaboration and partnership between the health sector and communities, other health sectors and private providers both allopathic and traditional
- Increased over all resources in the health sector equitably and efficiently distributed.
- Bridged inequity gap in access to quality health service. In emphases on the four deprived region, Northern, Upper East, Upper West and Central regions.
- Sustainable financing arrangements that protects the deprived and vulnerable.
- Policy and institutional development
- strategic planning
- resource mobilization
- co-ordination of all agencies and partners involving health development
- Co-ordinate investments in the service. Capital investment.
- Management of training institutions.
Charenninful 15:33, 26 February 2007 (CET)