Kabulonga Girls High School
This is the WikiEducator page for Kabulonga Girls High School. Watch this page, more content coming.
About Kabulonga Girls High School
Kabulonga Girls’ High School, formerly known as Jean Rennie High School, was built in 1952 and was officially opened in 1954. It was called Jean Rennie High School, named after the wife of the then Governor of Northern Rhodesia, Sir Gilbert Rennie. It was a boarding school for girls. The School was established basically to provide education to children from school the white community. It was originally supposed to have been constructed where the University of Zambia stands but this place was chosen because it had plentiful supply of water. After independence, the school changed its name to Kabulonga Girls Secondary School because it is situated in an area which belonged to chief Kabulonga of the local Soli people who lived just in front of the school campus. In 1978 it became a day school.