2008-Present Mohawk Valley Community College, Utica, NY Director of Educational Technology
- Provide leadership in the vision for online programs and courses, working collaboratively with Department Heads and the IT Department, including the development and marketing of academic programs, and coupled with faculty recruitment and development.
- Direct the evaluation of online courses, curricula, and programs and their associated faculty to ensure quality, content, pedagogy, and functionality.
- Function as the primary contact for online issues, working with faculty in course development and refinement, and with students in content and delivery, including accessibility.
- Address placement and retention issues associated with distance-learning students.
- Formulate promotion plans for online courses, targeted toward existing and new students.
- Develop an action plan to encourage and facilitate teaching online to existing and new faculty.
- Develop an action plan to encourage and facilitate teaching using current technologies to existing and new faculty.
- Provide appropriate training in course design, outcomes, and use of the technical platform, including the analysis of course content against the institutional rubric for distance learning
- Identify development and training needs for distance learning and address them effectively.
- Identify development and training needs for educational technologies and address them effectively.
- Maintains supervision of and responsibility for all aspects of educational technology resources and services, including equipment maintenance and replacement scheduling; inventory maintenance of educational technology supplies; educational technology services and set-ups; educational technology security.
- Lead the development and monitoring of the distance-learning/educational technology strategic plan.
- Develop and administer the distance education, media services/educational technology budget and manage related resources.
1996–2007 - Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, MA
2002-2007 - Director of Distance Education
- Trained faculty on integration of educational technologies for classroom and on-line instruction.
- Adjunct faculty for the School of Continuing Education.
2000-2001 - Director of Business Services
- Interim CFO for 9 month Transition
- Assisted in the formulation of fiscal and other business management policies, forms, manuals and procedures.
- Directed Administrative Service areas including Copy Center, Receiving, Contract Negotiation and Administration for foodservice, vending and other auxiliary enterprises, including budgetary decisions and best utilization of available funds.
- Continued responsibilities as outlined below in Administrative Services
1996-2000 - Administrative Services
- 3 plus years experience working with the Vice President of Administration/CFO on the entrepreneurial facility/Technology Park which included Purchasing, Financing, Accounting and Business Management duties.
- 3 plus years experience with student receivables including but not limited to collections, billings, data reconciliation, and data integrity.
- 3 plus years experience with customer service including meetings with students to discuss the application and adjustments of financial aid to student billing.
- Boces Onieda-Hamilton, DL Advisory Board member
- Pioneer Valley Planning Commission
- Plan for Progress - Strategy #6 Team Member
- Support Higher Education and Retain Graduates
1999-2000 - Cambridge College, Springfield, MA Masters of Management, Thesis topic – Total Quality Management in Higher Education, Concentration in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
1993-1996 - Springfield Tech. Comm. College, Springfield, MA Associate in Science Degree, Accounting Associate in Science Degree, Finance
- Graduated Phi Theta Kappa, Alpha Beta Gamma
- Founding Student President Alpha Beta Gamma
- Student Community Council, Steering committee chair
- Business Club President
- Tutor in Accounting/Finance
- Garvey Award Winner
- Received the Business Division Excellence Award
1982–1984 - Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI Associate in Science Degree, Culinary Arts