Start by creating a user page (click on your user name above after logging in) and indicate your interests etc.
Then, for the Java Specialists Symposium 2011, if you were there, add your name to the list of Participants.
Look at the pre-event proposed topics and think about which ones you would attend, and/or whether you would like to propose/convene/attend any other activities. The pre-event list of topics is to let people know what kinds of activities are of interest and might end up on the planning board (aka the "space-time matrix") which starts off empty at the start of day 1 in events like this.
Contribute to the glossary if you have time and feel inclined.
After the event, reflect forward towards an even better experience next time, and feel free to
- enhance and share anything on this wiki (in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license)
- grow the community via this portal and link to others (below)
- learn from our learning and convene similar events
- and in turn share your learning (link from here :-).
Related Portals and Initiatives
If you know of portals or events of interest to Java developers, or inspired by this one, please link to them here:
- Developer Roadshows - something similar was done in Africa several years ago
Java Learning Resources
Learning re Open Spaces Etc.
In general, one learns from many sources and many styles of event.