Is there a cure for Brain Injury?
- Currently there is no cure for Brain Injury. There are preventions and prognosis, but a cure has not been found. There are many studies
- being completed and there is different speculation out there about what works and what does not.
- Recent research and studies show that the cells in the brain are not able to reproduce and when there has been damage to the brain,
- it does not re-grow those cells or replace them. What has been determined is that the brain will learn to compensate for the
- damaged portions. We have learned that we can re-learn to walk, talk, read and many of the daily activities that may have been
- lost upon injury. Our brain re-trains itself and learns to compensate for all of that.
- What has also been determined is that after a brain injury, the more active one is and the more one uses their brain, their brain
- is likely to become stronger and they will have an easier time functioning on a day to day level.
- There has been some discussion about nerve growth regeneration and whether or not this could be replicated in the brain and be
- used with cells for brain injury. There is very little research on this.
- Overall there is very little research on brain injuries and cure, most times cure in respects to a brain injury is defined as
- the prognosis of the brain injury or rehabilitation in relation to the brain injury; but there is not actual cure. Any additional
- information or research on brain injury and cure would be great to help further develop this site.