Intonation Image Builder
Another creative tool developed by RetSam to allow you to SEE the intonation of English speaking.
* "/" = a new line; * " " = a new block; * "^" = rising tone * "_" = a sound losing
* 1 box = 1 syllable * Bigger box = stressed * Orange box = rising tone
1. Learning a bew word: intonation
in to na3 tion2
2. Showing the rising tone: Are you happy?
are you ha3 ppy?^
3. Showing the stressed syllable: What are you doing?
wha3 are you do3 ing
4. Showing the intonation of a longer sentence:
A teen3 nage2 girl ha_ been tal3^ king^ on2^ the^ phone^ for abou hal3 fan nour2^ , an then3 she2 hun ngup.
Create some more examples with IIB? Please try to use IIB to create some sentences with intonation. Example links: