|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
- Designing the approach in alignment with your strategic objectives and operational and financial metrics
- Stakeholder involvement, buy-in and feedback throughout project implementation
- Strengthening networking and collaboration via stakeholder communities of mutual interest
- Less anxiety and resistance through planned culture change, participatory innovation and action learning
- Distributing the workload in a more equitable manner
- Faster return-on-investment and sustainability
Phase II: Client-Customised
- strengthen stakeholder motivation, engagement, buy-in and ownership;
- increase the breadth and depth of stakeholder participation and involvement;
- facilitate dialogue, information-sharing and relationship building between workshop sessions;
- ease transition from one system / business model / service set to another, via a networked community of support;
- enhance employee / stakeholder learning, innovation and performance;
- increase skill development and build internal capacity;
- increase client satisfaction
- increased recognition and leadership reputation (i.e., organization, service areas, stakeholders), within public and private sectors.
- achieve % increase in productivity
- achieve self-reported increase % in info-sharing
- Community members and their constituents have new skills in relevant areas (i.e., knowledge management, networking, collaboration);
- Expanded Community of Practice
The Consultant shall evaluate the outcome of the contract using the following indicators:
- Degree to which community members determine the future of the group and associated online collaboration components;
- number of unsolicited new individual and community members;
- number of substantive postings and contributions to the site made by community members;
- extent of collaborative materials development and sharing;
- use of online collaboration space by all stakeholders.
- Train the trainer, ongoing mentoring and coaching support.
Contact WikiRandy Fisher for more information.