Internet & Web development (2)/Course materials/Web Site Management/Risk Management
|Internet & Web development (2)|
|Web Site Management||Roles | Management team | User expectations | Content management | Site Maintenance | Policies and Guidelines | Promotion | Risk Management|
By the end of this page you will be able to:
Risks associated with e-business that might lead to lost opportunities and frustrated customers cover areas such as:
- E.g. the website is inaccessible for a few days or is too slow, leading to lost opportunities and frustrated customers
- financial – e.g. the database used to support your e-business costs too much to maintain
- Legal & Ethical
- Legal e.g. your use of a list of email addresses breaks privacy laws
- Ethical e.g. You allow all staff access to client information
- Cultural e.g. Have you taken into account potential cultural issues, such as colour inferences, media objects you have included?
- business – e.g. if you sell products directly to customers on your website, how this will affect your relationship with your re-sellers
- personnel issues – e.g. what happens if the only person in the business who really understands your website resigns
- Can the site be built on time.