- 1 Courses
- 2 Policy Documents
- 3 Research Expertise, Publications and Repositories
- 4 Ethics Information
- 5 Useful Web Sites
- 6 ResearchGATE
- 7 DE Hub for Innovation in Distance Learning in Higher Education
- 8 FEAST
- 9 New Zealand Council for Educational Research
- 10 The Australian Council For Educational Research
- 11 the Australasian Research Management Society
- Writing for Journal Publication - Otago Polytechnic Course Outline Writing for Journal Publication W4JP 2009.pdf
- Research Methods Course (Diploma in Adult Education), CPIT
- Online Research Course Content Material - Under development - [Otago Polytechnic Research Wiki]
Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Policies
Research policy BOP_Research_.pdf
Link to Metro Group Polytechnic Policies Metro Group Policies
Research Expertise, Publications and Repositories
- CODA - Research repository for MIT, NorthTec, UCOL, Unitec & Whitireia Polytechnics
- Search engine of research expertise and publications by Otago Polytechnic staff
- The Directory of Open Access Journals Free Online, Full Text, QA Journals
- International Journal of Emerging technology i-jet
- Information about applications for ethical approval at Otago Polytechnic
- Otago Polytechnic'sEthical_Guidelines_and_Forms.pdf
- Otago Polytechnic'sExample_Ethics_Application_form_2009.pdf
- CPIT's Ethics policy Ethics07.pdf
- WITT's Determination of Risk Policy Determination_of_risk_for_projects.pdf
- Unitec's Research Ethics Policy Unitec_2009-07_Research_Ethics_Policy_V1.PDF
- WelTec's Human Ethics PolicyWelTec_Human_Ethics_Policy_April_2010.pdf
Useful Web Sites
- Health Research Councils Ethics Guidelines
- Health and Disability Ethics Committees
- Sciblogs a network of science blogs covering everything from clinical health to climate change
- The Big Idea Facebook Page
- Royal Society of NZ news
- Karen Network - HighSpeed Computer Network
Mission: ResearchGATE is the world’s first platform of its kind and features numerous technological highlights that simplify research cooperation.
Signing up for the service takes just seconds. Registered users of the free‐of‐charge platform can present their research work in a personal profile, exchange messages and build groups for peer‐to‐peer discussions.
Search engines allow easy access to specific topics and conversations. Researchers from around the world with similar interests can be immediately identified and contacted. Scientific links are listed in a database that is primarily updated by users, and can be evaluated on their quality.
Conferences and workshops can be entered and discussed in an events area.
ResearchGATE has been developed and founded by a group of natural scientists, economists, computer scientists and law professors from top international universities and research institutions.
The advisory board consists of distinguished professors from Harvard, Yale and other esteemed universities.
DE Hub for Innovation in Distance Learning in Higher Education
DE Hub innovation in distance education is an Australian based institute for research into best sector practices in distance education. It represents a collaborative partnership between Australia’s four leading east coast distance education universities: CQUniversity (CQU), Charles Sturt University, (CSU), University of New England (UNE), University of Southern Queensland (USQ), and the global distance higher education community. This space on WikiEducator has been established to facilitate the collegial exchange of information and the development of open learning resources in a collaborative community environment. See About Us for more information.
The Forum for European–Australian Science and Technology Cooperation (commonly known as “FEAST”) is an organization established by the Australian Government and the European Union to highlight, promote, and facilitate research collaboration between their respective communities.
The FEAST Secretariat is hosted by The Australian National University on behalf of the research community.
FEAST’s mandate is derived from intergovernmental talks between Australia and the European Union. The 1997 Joint Declaration on Relations between Australia and the European Union formalised the commitment to enhanced co-operation, and the Agenda for Co-operation (2003) specifically identified Australia and Europe’s commitment to making optimal use of FEAST as a key vehicle in promoting, facilitating, and evaluating collaborative research between Australia and Europe.
Feast is also engaged with research bodies within New Zealand
New Zealand Council for Educational Research
New Zealand Educational theses database http://www.nzcer.org.nz/edtheses
The Australian Council For Educational Research
the Australasian Research Management Society
The Australasian Research Management Society is the professional society for specialists in management and administration of research. ARMS helps its members to stay up-to-date with developments in innovation system funding and policies; and offers an invaluable peer network and diverse professional development opportunities. http://www.researchmanagement.org.au