Below are each individuals proposal:
- Teenagers often hack for fun but cause substantial damage, sometimes intentionally and other times by accident. How should these teenagers be punished if at all?
- Identity theft is a growing concern as more and more information about individuals is available online. How can we protect ourselves from being victimized by this crime and how should those who commit this crime be punished?
- On a more severe level, computer technology is being used by high profile criminals and terrorists to commit more advanced and destructive crimes than ever. How do we prevent it from falling into the wrong hands?
- Computer Crime is on rise, and less than 5% of computer criminals are ever convicted. What does this say about our society? What are the good and bad affects that computer crime has on our society?
- Computer Criminals versus Real Criminals, which is the worse of the two, and a look at sentencing in the criminal justice system for each type of crime. Are we handling the sentencing of both types of criminals fairly?
- What effect does computer crime have on the digital divide in society? Is computer crime contributing to why some people steer clear of technology?
- The objective is to inform and to open people's eyes to the crimes/criminals that exists on line. Sometimes being behind the computer is just as dangerous as being robbed at the bank, people don't realize the seriousness with on line crimes.
- Sometimes kids may feel safer in a virtual world but the virtual world is the least risky for pedophiles to fulfill their needs. How can we teach our kids "don't talk to strangers" with the virtual world? What else are children at risk for by just sitting at the computer?
- The more advanced technology becomes, the more doors are open for criminals to commit and new crimes created. What kinds of crimes haven’t been committed on line that has in real life? How can we prevent existing crimes and new ones from happening?
- Hacker-safe and ad aware programs are like the security guards of the virtual world yet identity theft and hacking of credit cards rates high in crime. What are we missing that will lower this crime rate? How can technology protect our identity and properties from itself?
- Internet Auction Fraud is a growing problem; it is the top ten online scams. When people buy a product or service and get something different or nothing at all is called Auction Fraud.
- Society is getting ripped off and losing money everyday with Internet Auction Fraud
- What is the FBI doing to eliminate Auction Fraud?
- What steps do we take to avoid Internet Auction Fraud?