- Ikoja-Odongo, John Robert is a Ugandan. Married with children. He is a professor of Library and Information Science, East African School of Library and Information Science, Makerere University, Uganda
- Holder of PhD in Library and Information Science, Zululand University, South Africa; M.Phil Publishing Studies,Stirling University Scotland; Post Graduate Diploma in Librarianship, Makerere University, Uganda; B.A. Publishing Studies, Delhi University, India; Diploma in Librarianship, Makerere University; Certificate in Library Studies,Makerere University; Certificate in Designing and Writing Distance Education Materials, Kenya Board of Adult Education in collaboration with DVV; Certificate in E-Learning, Makerere Unversity.
- Attended many international and local information science conferences
- Information Literacy
- Agricultural Information Systems and Services
- Information industry and Resources
- Legal Aspects of Information
- Publishing Studies
- Communication Sills and Technical Writing
- Media Studies
- Formerly Serials Librarian, Makerere University
- Formerly Senior Documentation Officer, Electoral Commission
- Has a twenty year lecturing experience.
- Has done a number of researches in community information services.
- Attended many international and local conferences on Library and Information Science, and Publishing
- Information behaviour studies
- Knowledge Management
- Publishing Studies
- Indigenous Knowlege
- Involved in an IDRC project on alternative publishing models using creative commons licences.
- Completed a chapter for a book on World Information Science
- Working on a book chapter and completing a paper on local content management in Uganda
- Designing a databse on documenting indigeous knowledge
- Conducting research on Pastoralists Information Acess, Seeking and Use behaviour in Uganda
- Conducting a bibliometric study of HIV/AIDS in Uganda since 1982
Value of workshop
- This workshop is a contribution to understanding more about open access publishing
PARTICIPANT ACTION PLAN APPROACH
- Workshop Title: CTA/COL/RUFORUM Training Support and Training Course on Web 2.0 Tools for Research Support and Networking in Africa
- Venue: Ridar Hotel Mukono, Uganda
- Name: Prof. Ikoja-Odongo, Robert
- East African School of Library and Infirmation Science, Makerere University, Kampala
- Country: Uganda
On return I will
- Write a workshop report for briefing and debriefing my staff and seniors.
- Run a redo of what I learnt with my staff and later roll out to departmental aplication.
- Popularise use of this tool in work environment and possibly other intersted parties via workshops.
- Create a database of researches done in my department
- Connect this knowledge to PALM Africa Project that is looking for alternative methodologies of publishing using Open Content methodology
- East African School of Library and Information Science
- Makerere University
- P.O.Box 7062 Kampala Uganda.
- Phone +256 0773 295 294/ +256 0772 302 721
- Hse +256 540 710
- Office +256 531 530
- E-Mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org