A New Zealand OER Initiative
Otago Polytechnic in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning hosted an open think tank for New Zealand educational practitioners, policy makers and decision makers to explore opportunities and pathways for building a national OER initiative.
Following the WikiEducator traditions of thought leadership established with the Tectonic Shift Think Tank, we hope that our experiences with the Heywire8 Think Tank will create a model for inspiring and informing other countries in building national OER collaborations. More importantly, we hope that this think tank will be an important catalyst to establish a thriving New Zealand community of OER content collaborators building on the solid foundations established by the national eLearning community.
- Place: Otago Polytechnic Campus, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Venue: Otago Polytechnic Forth St Campus, F Block, Level 3 - The Council Room
- Date: 22 August 2008 (lunch will be provided)
- Time: 09:30 - 16:30
- Technical session: 16:45 - 18:00
- Prerequisites: An open mind, and commitment to education as a common good.
- Who can attend: This is an open meeting and attendance is limited by venue constraints. Places will be confirmed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Unfortunately it was not possible to stream the meeting live. We hope to make an audio recording available later.