Guide visitors through an adventure tourism activity/Activities/Overview
- Create an indepth understanding of how an overnight tour is planned and operated
- Meet tourism and educational industry requirements
Guide visitors through an adventure tourism activity of more than one day Plan and implement an interpretation plan US 18311, Elements 1-5 US 12408, Elements 1-2
You are a tour guide for "On Line Tours" which has just begun running a guided overnight adventure tour in the Wanaka area.
To meet the objectives of the course you will be required to complete activities which will clearly outline all components of the tour:
- Audience profile
- Activities and skill requirements
- Tour Presentation and interpretation
- Health & Safety
These activities will be run in conjunction with the 7 night fieldtrip to Wanaka during which you will assessed on the following practical components:
- planning, preparing and serving a three course meal
- group management and interpretation skills on a guided walk to Mt Iron
- practical application of the health and safety plan
As each activity is completed you must present this to the lecturer for advice and suggestion.
Your completed work must be presented in a bound folder, with a clearly identifiable cover sheet. All research, planning notes and material along with photographs should be included.