GCTLT for Fulltime International Students/About this programme
To provide a work-based qualification which assists tertiary educators to create enhanced learner centred opportunities for students in a New Zealand/Aotearoa tertiary cultural context, develop and deliver quality programmes using flexible combinations and increase knowledge of innovative assessment and evaluative processes compatible with adult education.
Graduate Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- apply learner-centred learning theories, principles and practices and facilitate learning in a way that develops action capability for sustainability in a tertiary education context;
- differentiate between surface, strategic and deep learning approaches, and demonstrate the ability to meet specific learning needs/wants;
- integrate culture sensitive approaches into all aspects of learning and teaching practice;
- integrate a range of flexible learning practices and delivery modes into a teaching context;
- facilitate learning opportunities based on the principles and practices of flexible curriculum design and delivery;
- develop strategies for negotiating curriculum according to learner needs/wants and workplace requirements;
- assess learning using multiple strategies in a range of contexts, and critique assessment strategies;
- view teaching as a scholarly activity and critique own teaching practice in relation to current literature;
- draw on research findings to inform, support and advance professional teaching practice.