FolkJam Ottawa/How it works
How It Works
for Performers & Musicians
- performers are asked to perform' approx. 10 minutes of their work, for the group
- no payment to performers
- (in special cases, a headliner may receive a nominal fee)
- A-Z Listing
- Photo - (.jpg format, resized to 300 pixels please!)
- short bio 1-2 paras), photo
- link to website
- performance / music genre
- publicity - in emails, website, event, other
- presence in top 88,000 website (Source: Alexa.com)
- considerable marketing and exposure nationally, internationally and locally (on a top 85,000 website)
Venue & Equipment
- performers provide their equipment.
- performers responsible for sound checks - please arrive 30 min. before you go on.
- we are seeking a venue, with speakers, (electric piano), mikes and mixing board.
- all donations go to the selected charity, for the month
for Community Members
- we will have a nominal cover charge -- all proceeds which will go to the selected charity. Of course, you are free to donate more, and we'll check with the charity to check about obtaining a charitable tax receipt for amounts over $20-$25.
- if we're in a restaurant, please do order food and/or drinks.