English Language Learners Needs/Marketing
This educational module was designed for healthcare providers and is especially directed to the inpatient environment of an acute care hospital, though can be adapted for use in a clinic or outpatient setting. It has been designed for the staff caring for a Hispanic limited English proficiency (LEP) patient. There is background information, educational information, a suggested language assessment tool and a list of web based resources which will be helpful for caregivers looking for language assistance in caring for these patients.
The Marketing Plan Includes:
- Develop a brochure or flyer to distribute with information for how to access and use the wiki
- Preview the wiki to the manager of Social Work Services and Casemanagement @ SRMH
- Preview the wiki to casemanager of the SRMH Emergency Department and attend a staff meeting
- Arrange appointment with director of SRMH Community Benefit department/manager for interpreters to discuss the wiki and educational possibilities.
- Contact the Southwest Community Clinic to make appointment and provide brochure regarding the wiki education available
- Provide copies of brochure to all local community health clinics especially the Alliance Clinic in Healdsburg