Paper Format: MLA Style
Different disciplines use different formatting styles. It is important that you know which style is expected of you in any given class. The accepted style in English classes is MLA (or Modern Language Association) style, so we will be using that one. Any work that you submit that does not use this style correctly will not be accepted. This week's class is all about making sure that everyone is familiar with MLA style.
- General MLA Format includes an image of what a first/title page should be in MLA style
- In-text citation format
- Works Cited page format
MLA Style In-class Activities
- Prepare an MLA style title/first page
- Create and in-text parenthetical citation
- Format a Works-Cited page with one entry on it.
- Choose your Ted talk.
- Find the transcript of your Ted talk.
- Find out how to cite your Ted talk video.
- Post a link to your Ted talk on your sub page for this Wiki.