In this assessment project you need to plan and produce a publication which meets the requirements of the brief.
Please read the brief carefully before you start work.
Project 1 brief
Otago Peninsula Tourism wants to attract more visitors to the peninsula, especially visitors to Dunedin who may not know what the peninsula has to offer.
You are to produce a single-page A4 poster which will be displayed on noticeboards (eg in cafes). The poster needs to include:
- The Otago flag in the top right corner.
- A colour scheme which harmonises well with the colours of the Otago flag.
- The photo of Cape Saunders plus one or two other images from the collection provided. You will probably need to crop and/or resize images - but be careful not to distort them.
- Your name in a small font at the very bottom of the page.
- The following text - make sure you use spell check as there may be mistakes in the text:
Otago Peninsula - not to be missed!
When you're visitign Dunedin, don't forget the peninsula. Whether you want shops and cafes
or to see our amazing wildlife close up, Otago Peninsula has a lot to offer.
Just a short drive from the centre of Dunedin, you can:
* Explore the grounds of stately Larnach Castle
* See seals and penguins in their native environment
* Watch the albertrosses soaring over Taiaroa Heads
* Wander deserted beaches and rolling hills
* Hunt for a bargain in one of our antique and craft shops
* Take a break in one of our great cafes
* Or just relax and enjoy the views of the magnificent harbour
Otago Peninsula Tourism
You need to submit printouts of :
- The completed poster.
- The publication plan. We strongly recommend you follow the sample planning format and process described in Unit 1.
Note: printouts may be hardcopy (on paper) or as PDF files.