Community Media/Uploading Content
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Uploading Content to the Wiki
I do it in the following way:
- Opened the file in Google Docs
- Used Google Docs function "Download As" - to save a version in Open Office
- Clicked on the new doc (*.ods) to open the document in Open Office
- Went to File Menu--> Export --> Mediawiki, to open the document in Mediawiki format (the OO program creates the file in the background, while the original OO program is open)
- Saved this file to a directory
- Went to my directory (where I originally saved the files to retrieve the *.txt (mediawiki format document
- Created a page on the wiki where I wanted to place the file contents (i.e., I usually put it under the name of the NGO / organisation that contributed the material (easier to find :-), and ....
- Voila! The content is in WikiEducator - and available to others - who may wish to polish up the layout a bit.
- Availability promoted to the Community Media discussion group