Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate - Information Technology/The Format of the Examination
Format of the Examination
Paper 01 Duration - 1 Hour 30 Minutes Sixty multiple choice questions drawn from all areas of the syllabus
Paper 02 Duration - 2 Hours 15 Minutes Twelve compulsory structured questions drawn from all areas of the syllabus, divided into three sections.
- Section 1 is worth 60 marks and consists of six short answer questions.
- Section 2 is worht 15 marks and consists of two structured questions.
- Section 3 is worth 45 marks and consists of four structured questions.
Paper 03 School Based Assessment The SBA component will comprise a practical project testing:
- Section 2 - Problem Solving and Program Design
- Section 3 - Program Implementation
- Section 6 - Word Processing
- Section 7 - Spreadsheets
- Section 8 - Database Management
The project will carry a 90 marks which will account for 30% of the final grade. This 90marks will be distributed as follows:
- 20 for Word Processing;
- 20 for Spreadsheets;
- 20 for Database Management;
- 30 for Problem Solving and Programming
The project will be marked by a teacher in accordance with CXC guidelines and the marks should be submitted to CXC. The assignment should be administered as specified in the instructions contained in the Guidelines to the Conduct of the School Based Assessment.