CCNC/CCNC Module 7/Mail Management/Using Address Books
Section 2 - Using Address Books
Using Address Books
Create a new address list/distribution list
- File->New->Contact list or press Shift-Ctrl-L.
- Enter a List name.
- Type an email address into the top window of the Members area.
- Click Add. Screen shot
- Repeat this process to add new members.
- Click Save and Close when complete.
Add a mail address to an address list
- Make sure the Folder bar is displayed. If not, View->Folder bar.
- If necessary, expand Local Folders.
- Click Contacts. The address lists are displayed along with other contacts.
- Double click on the name of the address list. A list of existing members will be displayed.
- Type in the name of the new member of the address list. Screen shot
- Click Add.
Delete a mail address from an address list
- Display the address list from which you wish to delete a name as in the previous section.
- Highlight the name you wish to delete.
- Click Remove.
Update an address book from incoming mail
Instead of typing a new entry into the Contacts list, Evolution can do it for you directly from email in your mail boxes.
- Right click on the message.
- Select Add Sender to Address book in the context menu. Screen shot
- A window will appear with the name and email address of the new contact. Click Add to Contacts to add this to your existing address book. Otherwise click the close icon.