Refer back to the table creation work you did in the previous section. Review the database design that accompanies these tables and identify possible indexes.
- Highlight the desired table and open the Index Designer from the Tools menu
- Create indexes on the fields identified most appropriate for indexes
- If you have identified a field that requires a uniqueness constraint, add a unique index to this field
- Rename the new indexes to a meaningful name
- Save the new indexes and close the Index Designer
- Add data to the table(s) with new indexes
- Try out the unique index by adding two rows with the same value