CCNC/CCNC Module 1/Hardware/Computer Performance
Computer performance is characterized by the amount of useful work accomplished by a computer system compared to the time and resources used.
Depending on the context, good computer performance may involve one or more of the following:
- Short response time for a given piece of work
- High throughput (rate of processing work)
- Low utilization of computing resource(s)
- High availability of the computing system or application
- Fast (or highly compact) data compression and decompression
- High bandwidth / short data transmission time
What can effect computer performance?
- Number of programs that automatically run during startup
- Memory capacity
- Disk space
- Clock rate