Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/BenjaminLStewartPhd|date|short|max=10: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 400 invalid feed request
WE Workshops (eL4C)
- EL4C51 - WikiEducator Learning4Content Workshop
"Becoming an Agent of Change through Openness", Co-facilitator, September 21 - October 5, 2011
- eL4C 45 WE workshop, Facilitator, September 22 - October 5, 2010
- Ten-day workshop (five days face-to-face, five days distance) at the Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes located in Mexico (Click here to see photos), Benjamin Stewart facilitator. August 9-18, 2010
- eL4C41, Group Coordinator, July 21 - August 4, 2010
- eL4C 22 WE workshop, April 27 - May 1, 2009
- eL4C 21 WE workshop, March 23 - April 3, 2009
Please sign the guest book by clicking on the "edit" button in the upper, right-hand corner of this pod!--Benjamin Stewart
Talks, Workshops, & Open Courses
- Dictogloss Method: An integrated model for language teaching associated with corrective feedback, ANUPI, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 13-16, 2011
- Self and Peer Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, MEXTESOL, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, June 10-11, 2011
- Cultivating Personal Learning Networks through Participatory Action Research in ELT, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Noticing and Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Radio broadcast discussing the benefits of WE for both teachers and students, El Gis, Programa de Radio, May 5, 2011, 2:00 PM (Mexico City)
- Face-to-face, two-hour Wikieducator workshop, Iberoamericano León, Mexico, November 22, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops", MEXTESOL’s 37th International Convention, November 4-7, 2010
- Opening Up Leadership, Learning, and How We Communicate (plenary), MEXTESOL's Regional Conference, Aguascalientes Chapter, September 24-25, 2010
- Let's Get Technical about Public Speaking, 10th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 28, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops, *Universidad Panamericana Teachers' Conference (UPTC) 2010, May 21-22, 2010
- Distance English Language Training Workshop, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open Writing Seminar, open writing course designed for English language learners, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open, Moodle course for Teachers, Session #3, Co-facilitator, January 4 - January 31, 2010
- English language teacher interview, WiZiQ class (interview regarding performance task), December 11, 2009
- Blended learning in English language training, WiZiQ class, December 5, 2009
- Language Exchanges, WiZiQ class, October 27, 2009
- Designing performance tasks as a curricular aim, 7th Annual ANUPI Conference, October 1-4, 2009
- Macmillan Teacher's Course for UVM, July 6 - July 24, 2009
- EL4C23 WE workshop, Junior Facilitator, May 25 - June 5, 2009
- TEACH workshop on Wikieducator (blended course), Facilitator, May 18-27, 2009
- Creating PLNs through the use of social software, UPTC, May 23, 2009
- Designing Performance Tasks as an Alternative Form of Assessment, MEXTESOL, October 16, 2008
- American Culture: Adapting to a New Way of Life, 7th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 26, 2006
ELT Rants, Reviews, & Reflections
- Empathy Inspiration
- Back in 2014 my friend Malu Sciamarelli asked me if I’d consider writing a guest post on her (then) blog. She was looking for a post on a “moment of inspiration.” I am...
- — mikecorea 2019-09-08 08:54:04
- Terms I don’t like: 1 of 11
- Are you in a band? Are you a model or something? Do you want to be? Otherwise, why are you using the word “gig” to talk about a teaching job? Is it to sound cool? (NB: It doesn’t sound that...
- — mikecorea 2019-06-25 05:11:42
- Help Jenny!
- Hello! Long time no blog. I think I found a nice way to get back into it. That’s through an email from a former student. This student is fantastic at English (as we’d expect sin...
- — mikecorea 2019-06-09 09:18:32
- I lost my phone!
- One moment I had it and the next it was gone. I was online on a bench in a shopping mall in a foreign country without a care in the world. I cannot say it was stolen but I suspect it was. As I left...
- — mikecorea 2018-07-30 13:29:41
- [Guest post] The Most Important Question in ELT?
- When Rob Sheppard (@robshpprd ) sent me a DM asking if accepted guest posts I jumped at the chance. I appreciate him taking the time to share the post! I was quite familiar with his writing from pl...
- — mikecorea 2018-06-23 08:15:44
The Everyday Language LearnerFailed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheEverydayLanguageLearner: Error parsing XML for RSS
Steve HargadonFailed to load RSS feed from http://www.blogger.com/feeds/18676377/posts/default: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
What is free content?
Rubrics for Online Instruction
EdukwestFailed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/edukwest: Error parsing XML for RSS
EFL Classroom 2.0: Teacher Talk Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
EFL Classroom 2.0: Blog Posts Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
(Preview the Open Textbook Tweet: CC-BY-SA e-version).
Wiki Syntax Support
Gladys's Testing Laboratory|Font, colors, etc.
Software Freedom Day
On September 17, 2009, Software Freedom Day
, the Open Education Resources Foundation
will have an official launch. As part of this launch it will sign the Cape Town Open Education Declaration. It would also like to get as many Wikieducator members as possible to sign up on the same day.
You can read the Cape Town Open Education Declaration here. A fact sheet is available here.