Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/BenjaminLStewartPhd|date|short|max=10: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 400 invalid feed request
WE Workshops (eL4C)
- EL4C51 - WikiEducator Learning4Content Workshop
"Becoming an Agent of Change through Openness", Co-facilitator, September 21 - October 5, 2011
- eL4C 45 WE workshop, Facilitator, September 22 - October 5, 2010
- Ten-day workshop (five days face-to-face, five days distance) at the Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes located in Mexico (Click here to see photos), Benjamin Stewart facilitator. August 9-18, 2010
- eL4C41, Group Coordinator, July 21 - August 4, 2010
- eL4C 22 WE workshop, April 27 - May 1, 2009
- eL4C 21 WE workshop, March 23 - April 3, 2009
Please sign the guest book by clicking on the "edit" button in the upper, right-hand corner of this pod!--Benjamin Stewart
Talks, Workshops, & Open Courses
- Dictogloss Method: An integrated model for language teaching associated with corrective feedback, ANUPI, Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico, June 13-16, 2011
- Self and Peer Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, MEXTESOL, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, June 10-11, 2011
- Cultivating Personal Learning Networks through Participatory Action Research in ELT, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Noticing and Corrective Feedback in Cooperative Learning Environments, UPTC, Aguascalientes, Mexico, May 20-21, 2011
- Radio broadcast discussing the benefits of WE for both teachers and students, El Gis, Programa de Radio, May 5, 2011, 2:00 PM (Mexico City)
- Face-to-face, two-hour Wikieducator workshop, Iberoamericano León, Mexico, November 22, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops", MEXTESOL’s 37th International Convention, November 4-7, 2010
- Opening Up Leadership, Learning, and How We Communicate (plenary), MEXTESOL's Regional Conference, Aguascalientes Chapter, September 24-25, 2010
- Let's Get Technical about Public Speaking, 10th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 28, 2010
- I Develop as my Network Develops, *Universidad Panamericana Teachers' Conference (UPTC) 2010, May 21-22, 2010
- Distance English Language Training Workshop, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open Writing Seminar, open writing course designed for English language learners, January 25 - May 31, 2010
- Open, Moodle course for Teachers, Session #3, Co-facilitator, January 4 - January 31, 2010
- English language teacher interview, WiZiQ class (interview regarding performance task), December 11, 2009
- Blended learning in English language training, WiZiQ class, December 5, 2009
- Language Exchanges, WiZiQ class, October 27, 2009
- Designing performance tasks as a curricular aim, 7th Annual ANUPI Conference, October 1-4, 2009
- Macmillan Teacher's Course for UVM, July 6 - July 24, 2009
- EL4C23 WE workshop, Junior Facilitator, May 25 - June 5, 2009
- TEACH workshop on Wikieducator (blended course), Facilitator, May 18-27, 2009
- Creating PLNs through the use of social software, UPTC, May 23, 2009
- Designing Performance Tasks as an Alternative Form of Assessment, MEXTESOL, October 16, 2008
- American Culture: Adapting to a New Way of Life, 7th Annual Academic Week, UAA, May 26, 2006
ELT Rants, Reviews, & Reflections
- From the mailbag [Topic: KOTESOL IC]
- Hello folks. I received a question recently and thought it might be worth padding my blog post total sharing the answer here. I have had too many conversations about my treatment of KOTESOL here on...
- — mikecorea 2017-10-04 01:24:21
- Interview with Clare Maas
- Below is an interview that was a long time coming! Clare and I talked about doing an interview quite while back and here it is below. We talked about a range of issues including materials developme...
- — mikecorea 2017-10-01 13:11:05
- (Crowdsourced) Tips for Learning English
- I was just now looking for an old file on my Google Drive and encountered the list below. I am not sure exactly when it was from but I thought there were some useful (and some interesting but perha...
- — mikecorea 2017-09-28 09:53:26
- It finally happened
- No, I didn’t finally get someone to take that Canadian quarter of mine. Something just as interesting and unlikely happened, though. *dramatic pause* A current student found, read, and m...
- — mikecorea 2017-09-13 08:58:57
- A Post on World Suicide Prevention Day
- It was just around a year ago. I’ll never forget it. I got the message on Facebook through a mutual friend. I was told my friend passed away unexpectedly. No details were given. I was asked not t...
- — mikecorea 2017-09-10 11:49:09
The Everyday Language LearnerFailed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheEverydayLanguageLearner: Error parsing XML for RSS
Steve HargadonFailed to load RSS feed from http://www.blogger.com/feeds/18676377/posts/default: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
What is free content?
Rubrics for Online Instruction
- Coursera Monthly Subscriptions Channel Lynda and Pluralsight
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Coursera-Monthly-Subscriptions-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attachmen...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-12-05 10:56:43
- EdTech Market Brief India Q3 2016
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/EdTech-Market-Brief-India-Q3-2016-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attach...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-11-23 18:57:07
- Livecoding – EdTech Startup Profile
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Livecoding-EdTech-Startup-Profile-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attach...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-09-28 17:57:58
- Revision Assistant Review
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Revision-Assistant-Review-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="attachment-pos...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-09-12 19:28:41
- Millionlights – EdTech Startup Profile
- <img width="672" height="372" src="http://www.edukwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Millionlights-EdTech-Startup-Profile-EDUKWEST-672x372.jpg" class="att...
- — Kirsten Winkler 2016-09-02 14:26:40
EFL Classroom 2.0: Teacher Talk Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
EFL Classroom 2.0: Blog Posts Yahoo! Pipes is no longer available
(Preview the Open Textbook Tweet: CC-BY-SA e-version).
Wiki Syntax Support
Gladys's Testing Laboratory|Font, colors, etc.
Software Freedom Day
On September 17, 2009, Software Freedom Day
, the Open Education Resources Foundation
will have an official launch. As part of this launch it will sign the Cape Town Open Education Declaration. It would also like to get as many Wikieducator members as possible to sign up on the same day.
You can read the Cape Town Open Education Declaration here. A fact sheet is available here.