Belize/Study Skills/Student Success/sub-page
What is Motivation?
Motivation is the desire that causes a reaction.
- Inner drive for excellence
- personal responsibility
You excel in areas that you are good at, for example Math. If your strength lies with the use of numbers according to Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences Theory, you have logical mathematical intelligence. Likewise, if you are good at words and reading you are said to possess linguistic intelligence.
Access your strengths and weaknesses
- Conduct self-assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Make a list of your high performance courses
- Make a list of your medium or low performance courses
- Write beside each course your desired grade/outcome at the end of the term
- Draft a plan to ensure that you maintain your high level performance course and build on the weaker subjects that require much time and dedication.
Improving your Self Motivation
Building Your Self Esteem