Autism Spectrum Disorders/ASD Needs Assessment
Often, the easiest way to assess understanding of a subject is to allow groups experiencing an similar phenomenon to share their understandings with one another. Use the following set of guiding questions to ascertain understanding in the group:
1. Introduce yourself to the group, including a bit about yourself, your family, and what brought you hear today
2. What is your understanding about ASDs?
3. What sorts of therapies and interventions have you tried so far?
4. Tell us one thing that you smile when you think about your child with ASD, and one thing than makes you feel afraid.
5. Tell us what you expect to take home from these classes and about any long term goals you have around your childs ASD experience.